Do you love the smell of freshly cut coniferous trees? Want to feel instantly festive? Volunteer at our Christmas Tree Lot at IKEA Coquitlam for all this, and more!
For the sixth year in a row, volunteers from Coastal Sound Music, their friends and families, will run the Christmas Tree lot at IKEA Coquitlam.
By doing this, Coastal Sound is able to fund many singers through our bursary program, so that no singer is ever denied access to our programs because of financial need.
Please have a look at the information & sign-up links below, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s fun, festive and very fragrant!
At the time of on-line registration, all CSMA members were given information outlining the requirement that every singer- family contribute at least 2 x four hour shift of volunteer time. To be clear: 2 shifts per FAMILY.
Here is the help we need:
- “SALES” SHIFTS: require a team of 2 to 3 people depending on the date and time. Each of these shifts is about 4 hours long. A “sales” shift doesn’t actually involve any sales … our volunteers simply staff the tree lot and mark the receipts of customers who pick up the trees they’ve purchased from IKEA cashiers in-store. Those who are physically able can also help during “sales” shifts by sweeping the lot, restocking displays and promoting Coastal Sound to interested members of the public. For more information and to sign up for one or more of these “SALES” shifts, please visit: http://vols.pt/4U6wAf
- UNLOADING SHIFTS: on the mornings that IKEA receives their shipment of 800-1200 trees, we need a crew of 10 to move the trees to the lot and display the trees in their “racks”. These shifts happen on very specific days, in the mornings and the process takes about 2.5-3 hours. Unloading days are: November 20th & 24th, December 1st & 8th from 8 am to 11 am. For more information and to sign up for one or more of these UNLOADING shifts, please visit:http://vols.pt/YxDwvg
- ON-CALL SHIFTS: Are you able to be on call to pop over to IKEA in the event that a scheduled volunteer does not show up? Your help here will go a long way in ensuring we have peace of mind this will be another successful year for this important fundraiser. These shifts can only count towards the minimum required as a part of the CSMA fundraiser if you actually get called in, but we sure appreciate you being on- call!!! For more information and to sign up for one or more of these ON-CALL shifts, please visit: http://vols.pt/Rjqmyi
The only requirement is that volunteers mst be 15 years or older.Volunteers under 19 should plan to sign up with a responsible person who is 19+. Please also note that we MUST have at least 2 people on the lot to meet our contract agreement – if you can no longer make your shift, please make every effort to find someone to cover for you.
Here’s how the sign-up links above work in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the link for the job you’d like to help with
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone but if you prefer not to use your email address, please contact email@example.com and Andrea can sign you up manually.
Please check the times carefully when you sign up as some shifts are slightly longer to coincide with store hours. Detailed information will be provided in a downloadable document upon sign-up in the links above, or click here to review.
No matter what shift you sign up for, you will have a good time chatting with fellow Coastal Sound folks and getting in the spirit of the season surrounded by gorgeous fresh cut trees! Sign up with friends from choir or a family member who’s willing to volunteer.
IKEA Coquitlam is located at 1000 Lougheed Highway – click here for map.