Join us on Feb 25th for a night of “fun-draising!”! Tickets are only $20. Your ticket includes your choice of beef, chicken or veggie burger with fries, and a sleeve of beer or glass of wine. Get your tickets at rehearsal or from singers. Door prizes! 50/50 draw! Bring all of your friends and family for a great night out.
Townhall Public House, 925 Brunette Ave (at Lougheed) 6:30pm onward!
You must be 19+ to attend.
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
7:00 pm – St. Andrew’s Wesley Church
1012 Nelson Street, Vancouver
Featuring the world premiere of Kristopher Fulton’s new work, with all of our seven choirs and 200 singers on stage! Be transported in the gorgeous St. Andrew’s Wesley while we serenade you with glorious sound.
Read the full media release here
Pricing: Adults $20 / Senior $15 / Student $15 / Children 12 and under $10
Visit our Facebook page here
PART-TIME MARKETING & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Marketing & Operations Manager will work closely with and report to the Artistic Director to prioritize the needs and workflow of Coastal Sound Music Academy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the promotion and logistics of Coastal Sound Music Academy programs, concerts and events and will help to facilitate the activities of the volunteer Board of Directors for the Coastal Sound Music Academy Society.
Coastal Sound Music Academy, based in Coquitlam, BC, offers choral music programs for everyone from pre-school to adult. We welcome anyone with the interest, enthusiasm, and desire to sing—no former vocal training is necessary to join. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional, innovative and creative vocal training in all of our choirs. We promote artistry, kindness and connection through singing performance, and we offer much more than a traditional choral setting. Our artistic team includes professional singers, award winning music educators and choral conductors, composer/arrangers, acclaimed musicians.
- Publicizing our season concerts & VIP program, including press releases as needed
- Managing social media and web based marketing efforts, including our facebook, website and twitter handle
- Overseeing the design and printing of season concert marketing materials
- Managing recruiting and membership campaigns
- Managing audience development and patron relations
- Answering the Coastal Sound Music Academy (CSMA) phone and fielding questions from the general public and CSMA members
- Working with Book Keeper/Registrar to prioritize needs of CSMA and workflow; understanding CSMA banking and financial procedures and ensuring CSMA is operating within budget guidelines
- Working with Book Keeper/Registrar to ensure that CSMA official, legal, government and insurance documents are filed with the appropriate authorities
- Overseeing concert and event planning
- Confirming rehearsal, concert, event venues and contracts as needed
- Working with Artistic & Production staff and contractors to set up & monitor regular and VIP season ticket sales with venue box offices
- Overseeing the ordering of choir supplies, based on orders collected by choir managers
- Working with Artistic Director to request and collect police record checks from volunteers, artistic team members etc.
- Ensuring that Board documents are kept up to date, organized, and filed systematically in Google Drive
- Renewing our professional memberships with choral and arts-based organizations, as approved by the Artistic Director
- Researching and applying for grants for which we are eligible; especially the British Columbia Gaming Grant due in April
- Communicating and documenting bursary awards to successful candidates
- Working with Artistic staff to plan annual tours and retreats
The Marketing & Operations Manager should have relevant professional qualifications, experience in the areas arts marketing and management, excellent communications, organizational and design skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with individuals, teams at all levels; within the organization and community
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MSWord, Excel, Illustrator/Creative Suite
- Experience and comfort using Google Drive and Google Documents
- Strong and proven experience with Graphic Design; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite an asset
Location & Hours
The successful candidate will work from their home office and will be responsible for maintaining their own internet and computing equipment. An iPhone owned by Coastal Sound Music Academy for the organization phone line will be provided for the duration of the contract. This is a contract, part-time position, averaging 25 hours per week, with time spent to be tracked and self-scheduled by the successful applicant. This position may grow to full-time hours depending on the candidate and needs of the organization.
Position Type: Part-time, contract (ending June 30, 2015). Potential for contract extension based on performance and organizational needs.
Monthly contract salary of $3200
Deadline for application is January 15, 2015
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter, resume and sample graphic design or communications work to Artistic Director, Diana Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the name and contact information for two professional references in your application. Additional references may be requested for short listed applicants.
All applications will be reviewed in detail, so please be sure to review the job description and highlight your experience in relation to this role. All candidates will be updated via email on the status of their application.