Add live choral music to your next gala due… we’d love to sing for you!
Coastal Sound choirs have performed extensively at all kinds of events including formal concerts,
informal appearances, to performing in unusual concert spaces like museums and art galleries. Our choirs have sung for audiences of all ages-from student audiences to adults, to government dignitaries. Notable performances most recently have been concerts with musica intima, Good Noise Gospel Choir and The Shirleys. We’ve also performed for Burnaby Board of Trade, Hemlock Printers, Vancouver 2010 Olympic Live Sites, Canada Pavilion; at Water’s Edge Festival 2009, 2010 and 2011; many National conferences held in the area over the years.
To help us respond to your inquiry, it is helpful if event organizers can provide answers to the following questions, where applicable:
- What is the nature of your event? Is it a conference, ceremony, concert or other type of event?
- When is your event scheduled to occur?
- What’s the location of your event?
- How long would the choir to sing?
- Would there be the opportunity for a brief technical rehearsal before your guests enter the space?
- What set-up are you using at your venue? Will the singers be performing in a pre-reception area or on a raised platform in a ballroom or somewhere else?
- Is there a limit to the size of the choir you can accommodate?
- Is the performance intended to be a focus for your guests or simply ambient music?
- Will there be competing “sound” activities at the event?
- Are music selections at the discretion of the Music Director? It costs us significantly more in rehearsal time and music purchases if specific music is requested.
- Can you or your venue provide a piano or keyboard?
- Will a solo mic be available for the Music Director to speak to the audience? And for soloists, if any?
- Are you including a sound technician in your venue event order? Would they be available to work with the choir?
We can often tailor our live choral music performance to fit specific needs. We can supply a keyboard and back line equipment upon request.
Don’t delay- we book up quickly. Please contact:
Angela Crocker, Executive Director
Diana Clark, Artistic Director and Children’s Choir conductor